Monday, March 19, 2012

weekend without kids

This past weekend, all three kids went to see the grandparents.  As the weekend grew closer and closer, my list of to do's grew longer and longer.  Ben and I also decided to put most of our eating out budget to use over the weekend.  We went to Chuy's, Gigi's Cupcakes and Torchy's Tacos.  We always share entrees at Chuy's, so we actually spent more on cupcakes than we did at Chuy's.  Ben had a canolli cupcake and I had a salted chocolate caramel.  They were so rich we could not even finish them.  It was probably a one-timer visit for us.  My fave dessert will always be Cheesecake Factory, and it is cheaper.
On Saturday, we spent the morning making backyard plans and at Home Depot.  We mowed, weeded, weed-eated, planted, drank iced tea, and then headed to Torchy's.  Ben always get the monthly special and I always get my fave, the Trailer Park.  We went early and sat on the patio, then we walked Barton Creek Mall.
On Sunday, we slept late and I went to work organizing next school year and wrapping up plans for this school year.  LE will be finished with first grade in about three weeks!  Bella is still working diligently on kinder and she could probably transition to first, but I want to get one going before I try transitioning both at the same time.  Besides, she loves her math book and readers, so she is building confidence daily.
Weekend To Do List:
clean out winter clothes, replace with spring clothes (all 3 kids)
clean out my office desk 
create state geography notebooks
create workbook/checklists for kids 
plant herb garden in pallet
Mow and weed-eat both front and back
Create labels for kids toy bins
Relax
Sleep late
Create cedar garden boxes - one down, one to go
spring lesson plans - hope to finish after this blog post

No comments: