Saturday, December 08, 2012

new tradition - 24 days of Christmas reads

I know, I know, I am a bit obsessed with ideas on pinterest.  I cannot help it, there are so many things to do and try.  Must pin all things!
I found a fun idea earlier this year, that I have been waiting to do with the kids.  We combined it with gift-wrapping practice and wrapped 24  books to read before Christmas.  I didn't think I had 24 C-mas reads, but I ended up having to leave 8 of them out, if we want to read one a day.  The girls loved wrapping the books and each day we read one during our school day.  Here is a list of our books that are hiding under the tree:
The Polar Express
Twas the Night before Christmas by Jan Brett
Reindeer Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Crippled Lamb
The Christmas Blizzard
Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear
The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy
The Candymaker's Gift (the legend of the candy cane)
Froggy's Best Christmas
Frosty the Snowman
The Wild Christmas Reindeer 
The Mouse before Christmas
Santa's Favorite Story
One Wintry Night
The Tale of Three Trees
Who is Coming to Our House
Room for a Little One
The Legend of the Candy Cane
If you Take a Mouse to the Movies
The Christmas Promise

No comments: