Tuesday, March 04, 2014

"the big easy" peasy king cakes


Sometimes I think we were born in the wrong state, don't get me wrong I love Texas, but man I love me some good Cajun food and good Cajun traditions.  I had no idea a king cake was basically a cinnamon roll, light bulb moment!!!
 I figured why couldn't we make a king cake out of the cinnamon rolls that come in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.  IT WORKED!!!  WE unrolled two containers of cinnamon rolls and put them on a baking sheet in a wreath shape.  Then, we baked according to the directions on the pkg.  We added some food coloring to the white icing and Mama drizzled the icing over our "king cake".  I even got a plastic baby from the bakery dept. and hid it inside one of the rolls.  Happy Fat Tuesday, ya'll!

1 comment:

mary.mimi said...

What a great idea...you taught me something too....So glad you are enjoying one of my "favidays"
Looks like it was a big hit too...