Sunday, August 31, 2014

a Trim healthy Mama and Papa

You know I lost 25+ pounds last year while training with Michelle, but you may not know since Christmas I gained 7 pounds back.  Earlier this summer, my mom started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book and while at the family reunion I picked it up and started reading it.  The first chapter was all about my R2.  He eats bread and fruit, fruit and bread, some more bread and then some fruit, like every day.  He doesn't like veggies or meat.  He is hungry all of the time, has skin issues, and is really moody.  I ordered the book and began reading it for myself.  It is not an easy read at first, actually was kind of annoyed with it to tell the truth.  The cartoons are cheesy and the authors are a little obnoxious for my reading pleasure, but what they said made sense, after two or three rereads of some key chapters.  I did not read every chapter as I feel I have a pretty solid understanding of my fitness needs, didn't really care about their opinions when it came to Ben and my relationship and decided to skip their back stories.  But the premise is good stuff.
I have been on-plan for almost two months, Ben and I have both lost right at 10 pounds each, my mom and friend, Steve have each lost over 20 pounds.
The meals are super simple and if you are careful to follow their guidelines, pairing appropriate meals together, you will succeed.  I am eating bacon multiple times a week, eggs every day, butter, sourdough bread, sugar-free chocolate every day and yummy things like Pizza, Taco and Cheeseburger Pies, Chile Relleno Casseroles, and blueberry pancakes.  My kids are eating roasted cauliflower, green beans, broccoli, even cabbage!
I have so much more energy, I feel better and I look leaner.  Everyone can appreciate a genuine compliment and they are coming regularly so it helps to keep us on plan.  LE has wrapped her arms around me more than once this summer and told me I am getting easier to hug.  I am one pound from my goal weight, Ben is wearing a size large shirt and down to size 34 jeans.  He is also in One-derland.  pics will come after our get-away.

No comments: