Thursday, December 17, 2015

Goodbye, farewell...

This week was my last day as a group X instructor.  On Wednesday, I taught my last senior fitness class at PCC, a class I began nearly four years ago with my dear friend, Pastor Steve.  We launched with 12 participants, which has grown to over 150 members.
On Thursday, I was supposed to say goodbye to 24 aqua, but after I learned the gym was going to drop the class altogether I told them I'd stay on board until they could train and hire a replacement.  That afternoon, I said goodbye to Power for Parkinson's, the non-profit that introduced me to the Parkinson's world.
I have shed many tears about this week, including a second round of hives probably brought on by stress because of this decision.  I have met so many wonderful people over the past five years.
I was once told that a good leader is someone who is constantly duplicating themselves.  Over the past five years, I have helped seven of my members to become fitness instructors like a friend once saw in me.  I am so grateful for the past five years, but I am so confident in those who have now taken the torch.

No comments: